Updated November 1, 2014
1. Protecting your privacy
- We don't share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don't send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- We offer email anonymization & relay, to reduce 3rd party harvesting & spam.
- Account information is password-protected so keep your password safe.
- Forums use basic webserver authentication. Log out or close your browser to log out.
- Quantumrun does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If Quantumrun learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 13, Quantumrun will remove that post.
- Quantumrun, or people who post on Quantumrun, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
2. Data we collect
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc.
- For our Best List focus group program, we do collect personal information so as to better place you with you in focus groups where you test products or services that fit your interests or needs. This information will not be shared with the clients who we are testing the products or services on their behalf.
- Quantumrun does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on Quantumrun's forums or classifieds that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Quantumrun site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
3. Data we store
- All classified and forum postings are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
4. Circumstances in which Quantumrun may release information
Quantumrun may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
5. International Users
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Quantumrun we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in Canada and the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
We welcome your feedback on this document at: feedback (at) Quantumrun (dot) com