Of the many insights gleaned from the 2017 Quantumrun Silicon Valley 100 ranking, the ones that stood out to the Quantumrun Forecasting team included the following:
• The top 10 companies featured in the 2017 Quantumrun Silicon Valley 100 ranking are: (#1) Apple, (#2) Intel, (#3) Oracle, (#4) Cisco Systems, (#5) Gilead Sciences, (#6) Applied Materials, (#7) Alphabet, (#8) Hewlett Packard, (#9) IXYS, and (#10) Tesla Motors.
• Only 5% of the companies listed in the 2017 Quantumrun Silicon Valley 100 rankings are forecasted to safely stay in business until 2030. 73% of companies have scores that caution them to re-evaluate and strengthen their business practices for future success and longevity. And 22% of the companies listed are forecasted to be disrupted out of business or bought by another company long before 2030.
• Financial services, healthcare and pharmaceuticals and motor vehicles were the top-ranked of the 7 sectors assessed in this ranking. In other words, the Silicon Valley companies belonging to these sectors have a higher average potential to stay in business until 2030.
• Of the Silicon Valley companies listed, those belonging to the media and entertainment, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, and technology sectors tended to spend the most on research and development operations to support their long-term growth and operations.
• On average, the Silicon Valley companies belonging to the telecommunications and media & entertainment sectors scored the worst overall.
To read the full findings of this report and access the data set used to produce these rankings, click the link below:
Forecasted start year: