Forum topic

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
MyIronMan
The Role of Bitcoin as Money - Bitcoin 2013 Conference

Erik Voorhees discusses the role of Bitcoin as money at the Bitcoin 2013 Conference in San Jose, CA, May 18, 2013, hosted by the Bitcoin Foundation. Watch the video and let me know your thoughts!

No votes yet
Frank

It's all about privacy!

No votes yet
Lancaster Dodd

I've come to realize that bitcoin is just the same as actual money. Scammers will always be present in both sides even before paper money and coins was invented. It's more likely the same. Same usage and same amount. We can even save the environment by not cutting trees in making paper money. We can preserve coppers, nickels, bronze, alloys or anything a coin is made out of. We just need to make sure that the wall of security for these kinds of virtual money is so much secure from internet geniuses or professional hackers. 

No votes yet
TechGuy

@Lancaster Dodd - you're not quite wrong. The only real difference is in privacy and decentralization, as there is no way for anyone to know who owns how much and what they're doing with their money. 

No votes yet
James Pallone

Dollars are not used over gold because the attributes of dollars are superior. A free market did not choose dollars based on the dollars’ merit. Dollars are used because people are forced to use them.

No votes yet
BornHyper

Well of course. You can't print gold whenever you need it like you can do with dollars. World would probably be a different place if we used gold instead of money. On the other side, just as dollars are made of nothing, so are crypto currencies. 

No votes yet
Lancaster Dodd

Are you 100% sure that there is no way other would know how much virtual money a person have? 

No votes yet
Tyson Bareet

If a person has a bitcoin account, then he must need to buy a wallet. He obviously knows how much money he reserves in his wallet. Even he needn't pay any tariff to govt. Here's a list of virtual cryptocurrency. Have  a look -

https://www.quora.com/How-many-people-have-at-least-one-bitcoin

No votes yet
Lancaster Dodd

@TechGuy

Right you are, but I bet most probably there's this someone who knows every transaction and who owns how much virtual money each one has. That's for sure. Maybe none for now but in the near future. You know how smart people nowadays.

No votes yet
oliverbrick

Cryptocurrency can be future of money. I think bitcoin has an advantage in micropayments over dollars. The transaction fees for dollars are so high for small amounts. Also the irreversible transactions are a nice feature.

No votes yet
Erika Sanders

Of course, bitcoin is just the same as actual money. People have been trading something for decades, and today we have cryptocurrency.  In case someone wants to find out more people's thoughts on the subject, I suggest checking these user reviews on crypto projects

No votes yet