Read 60 predictions for 2045, a year that will see the world transform in big and small ways; this includes disruptions throughout our culture, technology, science, health and business sectors. It’s your future, discover what you’re in for.
Health forecasts for 2045
- Between 2045 to 2050, some humans turn to bionic enhancements to improve their mental and physical capabilities, a divergent human and cyborg class may emerge, splitting the human population not just by race, but by ability and potentially creating new sub-species. (Likelihood 65%) 1
- Between 2022 to 2025, Canada enacts a universal, single-payer public pharmacare system worth $15 billion that will draft a national list of prescription medicines that will be covered by the taxpayer. Likelihood: 60% 1
- Skyfarms feed densly populated city centres with added environmental benefits of producing energy, purifying water, cleaning air 1
- Brain implants used for disabilities and entertainment purposes become widely available 1
- Pursuing immortality: why “cyborgs” are the species of the future
- Do humans really have to age?
- The science of aging: Can we live forever, and should we?
- Cyborgs: Man or machine?
- Regenerating body parts means the end of permanent injuries
- Merging humans with AI to create superior cyberbrains
- Creating a generation of bioengineered humans
- Genetically modified babies will soon replace traditional humans
- Political implications of genetically modified babies
Join the Leading trend discovery community
By clicking the “Join now” button, you agree to the terms of service.
Next scheduled update for this future timeline