Read 150 predictions for 2050, a year that will see the world transform in big and small ways; this includes disruptions throughout our culture, technology, science, health and business sectors. It’s your future, discover what you’re in for.
Health forecasts for 2050
- There are now around 141,000 senior citizens aged over 100 years living in France—the most in its history. 75% 1
- Between 2045 to 2050, some humans turn to bionic enhancements to improve their mental and physical capabilities, a divergent human and cyborg class may emerge, splitting the human population not just by race, but by ability and potentially creating new sub-species. (Likelihood 65%) 1
- Between 2022 to 2025, Canada enacts a universal, single-payer public pharmacare system worth $15 billion that will draft a national list of prescription medicines that will be covered by the taxpayer. Likelihood: 60% 1
- 6 million people now die per year from complications with air pollution. 1
- Half of the world's population will be short-sighted 1
Join the Leading trend discovery community
By clicking the “Join now” button, you agree to the terms of service.
Next scheduled update for this future timeline