Read 9 predictions for 2050, a year that will see the world transform in big and small ways; this includes disruptions throughout our culture, technology, science, health and business sectors. It’s your future, discover what you’re in for.
science forecasts for 2050
- Most of the fish stocks that existed in 2015 are now extinct. 1
- Nearly 2 billion people now live in countries with absolute water scarcity, mostly in the Middle East and North African regions. 1
- 5 billion of the world's projected 9.7 billion people now live in water-stressed areas. 1
- Neurotechnologies enable users to interact with their environment and other people by thought alone. 1
- Athabasca Glacier disappears by losing 5 metres per year since 2015 1
- Worst case forecasted rise in global temperatures, above pre-industrial levels, is 2.5 degrees Celsius 1
- Forecasted rise in global temperatures, above pre-industrial levels, is 2 degrees Celsius 1
- Optimistic forecasted rise in global temperatures, above pre-industrial levels, is 1.89 degrees Celsius 1
Join the Leading trend discovery community
By clicking the “Join now” button, you agree to the terms of service.
Next scheduled update for this future timeline