Of the many insights gleaned from the 2017 Quantumrun US 500 ranking, the ones that stood out the most included the following:
• The top 10 companies featured in the 2017 Quantumrun US 500 ranking are: (#1) Honeywell International, (#2) Apple, (#3) Boeing, (#4) Johnson & Johnson, (#5) Microsoft, (#6) Intel, (#7) Caterpillar, (#8) Chevron, (#9) United Technologies, and (#10) Abbott Laboratories.
• Fewer than 8% of the companies listed in the 2017 Quantumrun US 500 rankings are forecasted to safely stay in business until 2030. Just over 75% of companies have scores that caution them to re-evaluate and strengthen their business practices for future success and longevity. Only about 16% of the companies listed are forecasted to be disrupted out of business or bought by another company long before 2030.
• Aerospace & defence, financial services, and motor vehicles & parts were the top-ranked of the 14 sectors assessed in this ranking. In other words, the US companies belonging to these sectors have a higher average potential to stay in business until 2030.
• Of the US companies listed, those belonging to the telecommunications, technology, and healthcare & pharmaceuticals sectors tended to spend the most on research and development operations to support their long-term growth and operations.
• On average, the US companies belonging to the engineering & construction, wholesale, and retail sectors scored the worst in terms of total R&D spending and total overall scores within this ranking.
To read the full findings of this report and access the data set used to produce these rankings, click the link below:
Forecasted start year: