india predictions for 2050

Read 10 predictions about India in 2050, a year that will see this country experience significant change in its politics, economics, technology, culture, and environment. It’s your future, discover what you’re in for.

International relations predictions for India in 2050

International relations predictions to impact India in 2050 include:

Politics predictions for India in 2050

Politics related predictions to impact India in 2050 include:

Government predictions for India in 2050

Government related predictions to impact India in 2050 include:

Economy predictions for India in 2050

Economy related predictions to impact India in 2050 include:

Technology predictions for India in 2050

Technology related predictions to impact India in 2050 include:

Culture predictions for India in 2050

Culture related predictions to impact India in 2050 include:

Defense predictions for in 2050

Defense related predictions to impact India in 2050 include:

Infrastructure predictions for India in 2050

Infrastructure related predictions to impact India in 2050 include:

  • India had 15.3 billion rail passengers this year, a 2.7x increase from 2019. India now accounts for 40% of global rail travel. Likelihood: 60%1

Environment predictions for India in 2050

Environment related predictions to impact India in 2050 include:

  • A massive drought hits India, leaving roughly five million people without any water. Likelihood: 80%1
  • Rising sea levels in India brings floods to India, particularly the West Bengal and coastal Odisha regions, affecting or displacing ~31 million people. Likelihood: 80%1
  • India generates 75% of its overall electricity from renewable energy. Of this, 34% comes from solar energy and 32% from wind energy. Likelihood: 70%1

Science predictions for India in 2050

Science related predictions to impact India in 2050 include:

Health predictions for India in 2050

Health related predictions to impact India in 2050 include:

More predictions from 2050

Read the top global predictions from 2050 - click here

Next scheduled update for this resource page

January 7, 2022. Last updated January 7, 2020.

Suggestions?

Suggest a correction to improve the content of this page.

Also, tip us about any future subject or trend you'd like us to cover.