Read 4 predictions for 2029, a year that will see the world transform in big and small ways; this includes disruptions throughout our culture, technology, science, health and business sectors. It’s your future, discover what you’re in for.
culture forecasts for 2029
- Between 2025 to 2030, the Chinese government will invests in a nationwide promotional campaign and range of subsidies and reforms to address the growing dissatisfaction among younger generations (born in the 1980s and 90s) who are experiencing alienation caused by factors such as a lack of social mobility, sky rocketing house prices, and the difficulty of finding a spouse. This is an effort to promote social harmony. Likelihood: 60% 1
- Robotic sex partners become a commonplace 1
- World population forecasted to reach 8,430,712,000 1
- Cybercrime’s future and impending demise: Future of crime P2
- AI police crush the cyber underworld: Future of policing P3
- Automated policing within the surveillance state: Future of policing P2
- Reengineering sentencing, incarceration, and rehabilitation: Future of law P4
- Trends that will reshape the modern law firm: Future of law P1
- Infrastructure 3.0, rebuilding tomorrow’s megacities: Future of Cities P6
- How driverless cars will reshape tomorrow’s megacities: Future of Cities P4
- Real vs. digital in tomorrow’s blended schools: Future of education P4
- Future of teaching: Future of education P3
- How Generation X will change the world: Future of Human Population P1
- The last job creating industries: Future of Work P4
- Jobs that will survive automation: Future of Work P3
- Death of the full-time job: Future of Work P2
- Density tax to replace property tax and end congestion: Future of Cities P5
- United States vs. Mexico: Geopolitics of Climate Change
- Defining the value of art only gets harder
- The health and social consequences of family medical leave policies in the United States
- Making ads fun again: the future of interactive advertising
- China, China, China: communist specter or burgeoning democracy?
- Global citizenship: saving the nations
- The future of transportation: Driverless cars and driverless buses
- Degree or no degree? That is the question
- The internet vs. teachers: who would win?
- Keeping AI Benign
- The death of the degree
- How our future moon colony will look like
- Are robots the pets of the future?
- What is the connection between faith and the economy?
- This yonderfolk is a book
- The democratic future of education
- World's first lab-grown hamburger
- Hollywood’s romanticization of artificial intelligence
- How reputation currency can change the resume
- The rise of the city-state
- When a city becomes a state
Join the Leading trend discovery community
By clicking the “Join now” button, you agree to the terms of service.
Next scheduled update for this future timeline