2. For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Futurespec Group Inc at our address 18 Lower Jarvis | Suite 20023 | Toronto | Ontario | M5E-0B1 | Canada.
3. By using the Website you consent to this policy.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you give us
You may provide us with information through the Website, registering online for our conferences, by email, over the phone, or otherwise communicate or be in contact with us as a business customer or business contact, when you:
- request additional information about our services or ask us to contact you;
- register for and attend our conferences;
- use our services as a customer (for example subscribing for our newsletter);
- receive customer support from Quantumrun;
- register with us on the Website; and
- make any comment or contribution on our Website.
The categories of personal information you provide may include:
- first and last name;
- job title and company name;
- email address;
- phone number;
- mailing address;
- password to register with us;
- your personal or professional interests;
- favourite articles and view patterns on the Website;
- the industry or type of organization you work for;
- any other identifier that permits Quantumrun to make contact with you.
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive personal information through our Website. Sensitive personal information is information relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership; health or sex life, sexual orientation; genetic or biometric information. If we do collect sensitive personal information, we will ask for your explicit consent to our proposed use of that information at the time of collection.
Information we collect from you
Quantumrun collects, stores, and uses information about your visits to the Website and about your computer, tablet, mobile or other device through which you access the Website. This includes the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider, device identifier, your login information, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and geographical location.
- information about your visits and use of the Website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website, pages you viewed and searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, referral source/exit pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and website navigation and search terms used.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a data controller, Quantumrun will only use your personal information if we have a legal basis for doing so. The purpose for which we use and process your information and the legal basis on which we carry out each type of processing is explained in the table below.
Purposes for which we will process the information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any legal agreements entered into with you, including registering for the services associated with the Website.
- To provide you with information and materials that you request from us.
- To provide you with an innovation assessment based on an assessment you request from us
- To personalise our services and the Website to you.
- To update you on services and product we offer, either directly or through third-party partners, including our newsletter and information about special offers.
- To send you information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, and other administrative information.
- To administer our Website including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Website to ensure that consent is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access the Website; and
- To keep our Website safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of any marketing we provide to you and others.
Legal basis for the processing:
- It is necessary for us to process your personal information in this way in order to enter into any legal agreement with you and to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
- It is in our legitimate interests to respond to your queries and provide any information and materials requested in order to generate and develop business. To ensure we offer an efficient service, we consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.
- It is necessary for us to process your personal information in order to provide you with your assessment results.
- We will aggregate and group results for various purposes, including without limitation, research, analysis, benchmarking, publicity and public presentations.
- If you would to erase your innovation assessment results, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com
- It is in our legitimate interests to enhance your experience on our Site and to better our services. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.
- It is in our legitimate interests to market our services and related services. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.
- If you would prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt-out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is in our legitimate interests to ensure that any changes to our policies and other terms are communicated to you. We consider this use to be necessary for our legitimate interests and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.
- For all these categories, it is in our legitimate interests to continually monitor and improve our services and your experience of the Site and to ensure network security. We consider this use to be necessary for our legitimate interests and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.
- It is in our legitimate interests to continually improve our offering and to develop our business. We consider this use to be necessary in order to effectively generate business and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.
We respect your privacy and, unless otherwise required by law, we will not collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without your prior consent. Your consent may be expressed or implied. You may expressly give your consent in writing, verbally or through any electronic means. In certain circumstances, your consent may be implied by your actions. For example, providing us personal information to register for a conference is implied consent to use such information to provide you the associated services.
Where appropriate, Quantumrun software will generally seek consent for the use or disclosure of the information at the time of collection. In certain circumstances, consent with respect to use or disclosure may be sought after the information has been collected but before use (for example, when Quantumrun wants to use information for a purpose other than those identified above). In obtaining consent, Quantumrun will use reasonable efforts to ensure that a customer is advised of the identified purposes for which Personal Information collected will be used or disclosed. The form of consent sought by Quantumrun may vary, depending upon the circumstances and type of information disclosed. In determining the appropriate form of consent, Quantumrun shall take into account the sensitivity of the Personal Information and your reasonable expectations. Quantumrun will seek express consent when the information is likely to be considered sensitive. Implied consent will generally be appropriate where the information is less sensitive.
Quantumrun will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you in a timely manner and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so or seek your consent for using your personal information for the new purpose.
You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. In order to withdraw consent, you must provide notice to Quantumrun in writing. You can update your details or change your privacy preferences by contacting us at email@example.com
LIMITING USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Unless required by law, or in connection with a business transaction, Quantumrun shall not use or disclose or transfer personal information for any purpose other than those described above without first identifying and documenting the new purpose and obtaining your consent, where such consent may not reasonably be implied.
Subject to the foregoing, only Quantumrun’s and our Affiliates’ employees with a business need to know, or whose duties reasonably so require, are granted access to personal information about our Members. All such employees will be required as a condition of employment to contractually respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Quantumrun uses appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal information both online and offline from unauthorized use, loss, alteration, or destruction. We use industry-standard physical and procedural security measures to protect information from the point of collection to the point of destruction. This includes but is not limited to: encryption, firewalls, access controls, policies, and other procedures to protect information from unauthorized access.
Only authorized personnel and third-party service providers are permitted access to personal information, and that access is limited by need. Where data processing is carried out on our behalf by a third party, we take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to prevent unauthorized disclosure of personal information.
Despite these precautions, however, Quantumrun cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet or that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to personal information. In the event of a data breach, Quantumrun have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where required to do so by law.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us as set out in “Contacting us” above.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Quantumrun will retain Personal Information for only as long as required to fulfill the identified purposes or as required by law. Personal Information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous according to the guidelines and procedures established by Quantumrun.
YOUR RIGHTS: ACCESS TO AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon request, Quantumrun will provide information to you regarding the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information. Quantumrun will respond to an application for individual access to personal information within a reasonable time and at minimal or no cost to the individual. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
NOTE: In certain circumstances, Quantumrun may not be able to provide access to all the personal information it holds about an individual. Exceptions may include information that is prohibitively costly to provide, information that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, or information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. Quantumrun will provide the reasons for denying access upon request.
RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object at any time to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests
You also have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests. Where you object on this ground, we shall no longer process your personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights, and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
YOUR OTHER RIGHTS
You also have the following rights under data protection laws to request that we rectify your personal information which is inaccurate or incomplete.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- request the erasure of your personal information erasure (“right to be forgotten”);
- restrict the processing of your personal information to processing in certain circumstances.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute and we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under the applicable law apply.
For example, we may refuse a request for erasure of personal information where the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. We may refuse to comply with a request for restriction if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
Where we have reasonable doubts concerning the identity of the person making the request, we may request additional information necessary to confirm your identity.
In order to improve the Website, we may use small files commonly known as “cookies”. A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (your “device”) from the Website and is stored on your device’s browser or hard drive. The cookies we use on the Website won't collect personally identifiable information about you and we won't disclose information stored in cookies that we place on your device to third parties.
You can find more information about how to do manage cookies for all the commonly used internet browsers by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. This website will also explain how you can delete cookies which are already stored on your device.
We currently use the following third-party cookies:
Other 3rd Party Analytics
We may use other third-party Service Providers to analyze, evaluate, monitor, and solicit feedback on our Service.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website of our business partners, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these Websites have their own privacy policies and Quantumrun does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these Websites.
26. We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.
Version: June 20, 2021